wireless connection with printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-08 14:41:45
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I cannot connect our printer (Samsung Cpress C460W) via WPS to our computer. I have tried almost everything. 

Now the computershop tells me the problem could be a setting in the router. Please help. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:wireless connection with printer
2019-11-08 17:28:00

@MaAdrie 

You woulnd't WPS your computer to the printer.  That would require one of the devices to be an Ad-Hoc and that is likely not the case.  What you would do is connect your printer to the network, this can be done via WPS between the router and printer.  Once the printer is on the network just have your computer scan for network printers and as long as the computer is connected to the router's network it will find it.  

Options
2019-11-08 18:37:13

@Carl 

That's exactly what I want to do, sorry for the misunderstanding, English is not my native language. 

I cannot get the printer connected to the router. 

Options
2019-11-08 21:31:03

@MaAdrie 

No worries at all.  We aren't trained on perpherals so you may need to seek help from Samsung as its their printer but the basic are this:

1. Make sure your printer has network capablities

2. Make sure your router's WPS feature is enabled.  You can do this by going to TP-Link.com searching for your router's model and reviewing the User Guide.

3. Press WPS on the router for 5 seconds then press the WPS button on the printer.  

4. If it fails you will want to manually setup the network.  The Printer's manual should be able to tell you how to do this. 

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4574

Replies: 3

Related Articles