pci express network adapter....list of available networks not showing up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-09 19:49:36
Model: PCI-e Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

I installed a pci-e adapter card in my computer. While it is installed, I cannot see a list of available networks...all I see is one called network 5. I cannot see my home network, or any others in my neighborhood that my other computer can see. In configuration, there is no wifi options...as if there is no wifi installed on my computer. Because of this, I am unable to connect to my home network and get the connection speeds that my other computer gets. I have done everything I can think of or find on the internet to fix this issue. I do have internet connectivity, but only through the network 5 that shows up in the list. I am unsure if this is a windows problem or an adapter problem, as I had this issue before installing this card. Any help at all would be appreciated, this is driving me nuts, lol. I do not want to be paying for high speed internet if I am not going to be able to use it. Thanks to all who try to help me....I really do appreciate it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:pci express network adapter....list of available networks not showing up
2019-11-11 16:54:12

@Lainya 

Please provide the model of the TP-Link adapter, the opreating system of your computer, and a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Options
2019-11-12 05:41:33

The model is TG-3468(UN) and I am on Windows 10 Pro. When I click on show available networks, it shows me only one called Network, which is a public network. It does not show my home wifi network, or any of the dozen or so wifi networks in my immediate area that show up on the other computer in my house. I just can't figure it out.

File:
capture 1.PNGDownload
Options
2019-11-12 18:01:41

@Lainya 

The TG-3468 is a wired only Ethernet adapter so it is meant to have a Ethernet cable connect from it to a switch or router.

If you were looking for a list of available networks, I believe you mean to have the ability to search for Wi-Fi networks. This card will not do that for you.

For a wireless network card  you will need something like the Archer T4E.

Options