USB Printer not seen - I had to enter boggus model number

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-15 11:50:38 - last edited 2022-08-03 23:41:22
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Is up to date

I just installed the utility for the USB printer but the printer not seen at all .. This is for the AC5400X .. For some reason, this model is not even in the list .. 

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:USB Printer not seen - I had to enter boggus model number-Solution
2019-11-18 21:25:32 - last edited 2022-08-03 23:41:22

@lacticacid 

USB printer service on the routers does requeire a few things.  1.  Printer driver on your computer.  2.  printer installed via USB to the router  3.  Ultitlty to be installed on computer.  This does not mean that every printer will be available or even compatible.  It is simply impossible for us given the number of printers and manufatcures available.  If your printer was not listed but the faux name you selected works then you should not have a problem as long as everything works.  

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Printer not seen - I had to enter boggus model number-Solution
2019-11-18 21:25:32 - last edited 2022-08-03 23:41:22

@lacticacid 

USB printer service on the routers does requeire a few things.  1.  Printer driver on your computer.  2.  printer installed via USB to the router  3.  Ultitlty to be installed on computer.  This does not mean that every printer will be available or even compatible.  It is simply impossible for us given the number of printers and manufatcures available.  If your printer was not listed but the faux name you selected works then you should not have a problem as long as everything works.  

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1

Related Articles