Deco M5 Keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Keeps dropping
Deco M5 Keeps dropping
2019-11-15 15:50:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Main Deco M5 is connected straight to ONT so it's acting as the router. My ONT has a modem built in. I have Fios 200/200 mb speeds. I have 1 M5 that is connected to the main Deco with a Cat7 Ethernet cabel, the 3rd M5 connects wirelessly.  Frequently every day my internet will drop completely on all units. The LED shines red. This morning I had to completely unplug and reboot main Deco M5 to get internet to come back up.  I have 3 people in my house that work from home and rely on dependable interent so I need help solving this problem. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Keeps dropping
2019-11-18 21:31:55

@SoCalWi-Fi 

If all Deco units are affected the issue may not be the Deco at all.  It could have to do with configuration or even something on the ONT or built-in modem.  A few things to try:

1.  swap one of the other Decos in to be the main unit.  Test the connection and see if the issue presist.

2.  Check the ethernet cable between the ONT and the Main Deco, swap if possible.  As the Ethernet ports are 10/100/1000 a Cat5e or Cat6 cable will suffice, no need to go to expensive Cat7 unless you have extra available.  

3.  Contact your ISP and have a line stablity test ran. 

Now if step 1 is successfull and the connection remains stable you may have a defective unit at which point you would need to contact the HD to request a replacement. 

Options