HS200 On at sunset and override capabilities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-18 16:41:06

I want to install an HS200 switch to control my front entryway lights as follows:

1) Program the switch to turn on at sunset and off at 11pm.

2) Allow me to override the program if I'm going to be out late so that the switch will not turn off until I turn it off manually.

Can the HS200 do this?

I initally installed a C by GE switch only to find that it can not really be programmed to turn on at sunset -- selecting the "sunset" option just looks up the current sunset time for my location and sets the switch to turn on at that time everyday. In other words, it doesn't take into consideration that the time of sunset changes through the year. Does the HS200 work the same way, or can it really be programmed to turn on at sunset, even as the time of sunset changes?

How does the override work?

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 On at sunset and override capabilities
2019-11-18 17:17:13 - last edited 2019-11-18 18:38:06

@mk92 

The sunset/sunrise time automaticly changes.

You can override the 11:00 off by disabling that schedule. You do not have to change the schedule. Just disable/enable as needed.

Options
Re:HS200 On at sunset and override capabilities
2019-11-18 23:26:14

@mk92 

This is exactly how I am using mine and Like @B.Will stated you can disable the schedule when running over to keep the lights on or you can laucn the Kasa App or the Widget and simply tap the on/off button to turn it back on or off as needed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 2

Related Articles