Half my smart devices suddenly unreachable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-19 04:48:21

Need help!  This is strange.  I have several smart switches,  a smart plug,  and a couple smart bulbs.  All have worked well for about a year.   I'm away from home now for several months.  I set up schedules for somr of my devices to make my home look occupied.   One of my bulbs,  one dimmable switch,  and one non- dimmable switch suddenly are not reachable via the app.  These all had scheduled turned on before I left.  The other devices appear normal.  The unreachable devices worked for several days after I left.   My internet and wifi is working since I can access other smart devices in my home, including a non TP link camera.  I can remotely access my router and the non-reachable devices show that they are connected to my wifi.  I've tried logging off and back into the Kasa app..no difference.   I've tried accessing from my phone connected to wifi (not my home network)  and the cellular network.. same issue.   Any thoughts.. it appears to be somehow related to my having a schedule turned on,  since the devices I can reach do not have active schedules.   Would appreciate any ideas!   Thanks. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Half my smart devices suddenly unreachable
2019-11-19 19:18:27

@DennyLS 

The schedule activation would not cause devices to loose connection.  There was a recent update on the Kasa app and these devices may have FW updates that are needed.  However they need to be reachable in order to provide updates.  Likely a hiccup on the network happened and these particular devices did not reconnect properly.  A power ccyle of your router should resolve it.  Once thing to not is that schedules are stored locally so even if the devices appear offline as long as they are connected to power the schedules should still run. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1901

Replies: 1