TP-Link AC 1900 Having issues starting up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-20 18:54:22
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just moved and when setting up my internet in the new place, my modem works just fine but the router is having issues. Upon plugging it in, all the lights turn on, stay on for about three seconds, then turn dark. Then the little planet looking symbol on the front glows orange and then the whole thing goes dark. My wifi network came up on my laptop once but has never returned on subsequent tries. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC 1900 Having issues starting up
2019-11-20 19:47:25

@leynaatthedisco 

Possibly.  Are you connecting the router to a power strip or surge protector?  If so make sure the router is on the first outlet closest to the wire that connect the strip to the wall. This makes sure the router takes the first draw and ensures it gets proper power.  You can also plug directly into the wall.  Next make sure the cable is connected fully at both ends, and also in the "power" brick if you router's cord has one.  

Next thing would be to check a differnt outelt in anohter part of the house just to make sure the outlet is not the culprit.  If that all checks out and the issue is still happening something may have happened in transit.  If that is the case we can offer a replacement as long as your router is in warranty.  

Options
Re:TP-Link AC 1900 Having issues starting up
2019-11-20 19:59:08
I checked another outlet and it is giving me the same issues. It is not plugged into any surge protector or extension cord. Everything seems to be plugged in tight and secure.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1277

Replies: 2