Archer C7 lost guest WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-21 20:54:01
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.15.3 Build 180114 Rel.39265n

Things were working fine, then today I noticed that my IoT devices, which are kept on the Guest WiFi account to keep them from accessing my regular LAN, had lost connectivity. A little bit of troubleshooting shows that the 2.4GHz WiFi wasn't working. I reset it and rebooted the router and, while the regular LAN 2.4GHz connection works again, I still cannot use the Guest WiFi. The devices will show that they are connected to the router, but there is no access to the Internet itself.

I've rebooted the router twice, and I've tried connecting to the guest WiFi using the thermostat, my phone, and my laptop but none of them can get an Internet connection, though they can easily connect to the router.

Thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 lost guest WiFi
2019-11-21 22:05:27

@crystalattice 

Did you attempt to do a hard reset on the router?  If not we would recommend reseting the router to factory defaults and reconfiguring it.  I assume that the main wifi is still working?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 485

Replies: 1

Related Articles