Admin Page Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Admin Page Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Admin Page Issue
Admin Page Issue
2019-11-23 08:05:48 - last edited 2019-11-24 19:13:43
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I set up a new AC1750 without too much problems.  Now when I log in to the Admin page to do some tweaking I keep getting booted out back to the login page.  Then when I try to login again I get an Invaild RSA Public Key error.  I close out the Admin page and after a few minutes I can log back in but then I get kicked out again very shortly after logging back  in.  Also sometimes after geting the boot out the Admin page is giving me the initial screen you get when setting up a new router wher it is asking for a new password and a confirmation of that password.  I need to get this resolved and any insight is appreciated.

Edit 11/24/19

I have not received a reply yet to my initial post about why I sometimes get booted out of my admin page.  Also sometimes when I try to get in via tplinkwifi.net instead of presenting me with just a password page it is presenting me with a new set up password and confirmation page.  Eventuallly if I close out the admin page and reenter it will present the password login page.  I need to know why this is happenening.

An additional question that i hope someone will answer.  On the Basic Network Page I am not seeing all of my wireless clients that are connected.  For example I can see my laptop as a wireless client but I do not see the wireless printer that is also connected.  On the Advanced Network DHCP server page I see the wireless printer client.  Why do I not see it on both the Basic and DHCP server pages?  I'm not very knowledgeable on networking so it might be a simple answer but I'd like to understand this.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Admin Page Issue
2019-11-25 19:44:06

@bossfan 

When experiencing the issue of being booted off of the admin page, look at the LED lights of the router. Does it look like it is rebooting? To know that, turn off the router then turn it back on to see what the LED lights do for comparison.

With the clients not displaying in the basic tab, try other web browsers, also try the Tether app to see if it shows the same. 

It would also be good to check if your build is the latest version. Log into the router and look on the bottom of the page, compare the build number to our firmware page. Build numbers work as a date. If your build is the latest then you are ok, if it is old, update it.

Firmware page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware

Instructions to update the firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2139/

Options
2019-11-29 16:33:09 - last edited 2019-11-29 17:04:26

@Tony 

Thanks for reply.  I updated the router firmware when I installed it so it should be up to date.

I have the router in a different room than where I use the laptop so I don't know if it was rebooting.  Why would it be rebooting?  And if it was rebooting why was it presenting me with a new password and confirm page instead of just the password screen that I could enter the one I created when first setting up?

Now that I have my settings done I don't need to go into the admin page too much so maybe this is not the issue it was when I was setting it up.

Edit to above.  Just for kicks I tried the admin page.  After entering the password I got an Invalid RSA Public Key message what is that??  Then I closed out the admin page and went back in and it shows me the new password and confirm page as if I need to do a new set up.    And I went to check the Router and all the display lights are solid so I don't think it was rebooting.  What is going on here?

Options
2019-12-04 18:01:27

@bossfan 

The error info is connected with the buffer memory of web browsers used to login the web interface of TP-Link device. Clearing any browser data and history of this web browser will fix your issue. You may also change to another browser.

Options
2019-12-14 15:24:28 - last edited 2019-12-14 15:24:53

@Tony

Hello Tony Are you a TP Link employee or a forum user? Just wondering because I am continuing to have the Admin page issues despite clearing history and cache or using IE vs. Chrome browsers. Is this a router problem where I need to ask for a replacement router or is it still a browser issue of some kind?

Options
2019-12-16 13:36:59
I am a user and have seen issues with the browser causing issues and need clearing. If you can, try a different computer. Is your computer connected via cable or WIFI? Have you tried the other way (cable vs WIFI)? Have you tried the Tether app? I would Clear all the browser history and such, power all off and then power up the modem, wait, then power up the router, wait, then the PC and then check. If that failed, I would do a factory reset on the router and reenter the settings.
Options
2019-12-16 15:59:29 - last edited 2019-12-16 16:01:00

@ArcherC8 

Thank you for the reply.  I'll try your suggestions and report back if I continue to have the problem.  I'm also about to start to use a new laptop in a few weeks once I get it set up so maybe a different PC as you suggest will eliminate the issue.

Options
2019-12-16 17:16:17

bossfan wrote

@Tony

Hello Tony Are you a TP Link employee or a forum user? Just wondering because I am continuing to have the Admin page issues despite clearing history and cache or using IE vs. Chrome browsers. Is this a router problem where I need to ask for a replacement router or is it still a browser issue of some kind?

Anyone with the TP-Link black tag is a representative of TP-Link.

It is not a router issue, but an issue on the computer.

Options
2019-12-16 17:27:54 - last edited 2019-12-16 19:09:46

@Tony 

OK thank you for the reply.  I'm on a Windows 7 laptop but since Microsoft is pulling support on Windows 7 I have purchased a new Windows 10 laptop that I am in process of setting up.   So if it is an issue with the computer than I anticipate that I will not have the problem when I start using the new laptop.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2358

Replies: 8

Related Articles