Internet disconnect exact same time each day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-26 16:45:30
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20190724 rel.39445(5553)

First, my model is actually a new AX3000 but that option wasn't given in the drop down

I just recently set up this brand new router (previously had an AC1750 whicih worked wonderfully).  The problem (which isn't really a problem but a minor annoyance) is that the internet disconects at exactly the same time each day for two minutes.   Otherwise, everything works perfectly fine.

I've searched the internet for this issue and have found nothing.  This isn't a random disconnect, it doesn't happen "around" the same time or at different times,  it isn't just the wi-fi, and there are no events scheduled for this time.   Every single day at exactly 10am the light on the router turns orange, I lose connection for two minutes, and then everything is fine again.  The cable modem shows no change during this event.  The router log merely shows the following:

Led Controller INFO [1411] Start to run WAN1_ON - and _OFF

The internet provider is Cox using a Cisco DPQ3212 Modem

Does anyone have any experience with this who might know what is going on or what causes this?

Thanks

Options
8 Reply
Re:Internet disconnect exact same time each day
2019-11-26 17:29:20

@stu2j 

When the internet light turns amber the router is showing it sees a connection, but there is no internet coming through it.

Log into your modem, and look at its logs, see if there are any entries for critial 3 or critical 4 errors. Those errors will give a user disconnects in internet, but they tend to be random throughout the day. In your case it is very specific, but worth a look.

Another thing  you can do is to leave your computer directly connected to the modem, and continoulsy ping a site during that time to see if there is still a drop happening.

Options
2019-11-26 18:06:45

Tony wrote

Log into your modem, and look at its logs, see if there are any entries for critial 3 or critical 4 errors.

Another thing  you can do is to leave your computer directly connected to the modem, and continoulsy ping a site during that time to see if there is still a drop happening.

There are no critical errors in the logs

Plugging directly into the modem to see if the problem persists is an interesting idea.  I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Thx

Options
2019-12-02 17:04:26
I wanted to finished the thought on this issue: 1) The time of the event did not change by re-booting the router. However, re-booting the modem did and the event would then occur at the time the modem was re-booted. 2) Plugging the computer directly into the modem as suggested (taking the router out of the loop) resulted in the same problem. Therefore, it appears this is indeed an ISP and/or modem problem and changing out the router was only coincidental. BTW, I absolutely LOVE the AX3000 and highly recommend it to anyone looking to move to WiFi 6.
Options
2020-10-15 07:23:01

@stu2j How did you solve this problem? This is happening to me everyday for the past 4 days!!!

I'm going crazy

Options
2021-01-24 18:15:37

@ChandlerNot were u able to fix this problem?

Just started for me a few days ago

Options
2021-07-22 02:34:44

I am experiencing, currently, the exact same problem.  Modems affected have been the Arris DG860A and now my new Arris SB8200.  Both modem experience this connection lose problem at exactly 8:20pm every day (just happened a few minutes ago) again.  I have an AX11000 and can not in any way attribute this problem to the router.  I can not attribute it to the modems as it has happened exactly the same to two different modems.  It has to be something in the Sparklight system that is causing this and, personally, I think it is on purpose.  I have been dealing with their tech support people about this for over two weeks now and they have more excuses than a three time looser as to why it isn't their cause.  They have caused me to lose the use of gigs of bandwidth when the connection drops, making me start everything over again, and again, and again.  This is an ISP issue and they have control so they will never resolve it.  One person's opinion with a LOT of experience.   ...Bob Weaver

Robert D. Weaver Heyburn, ID 83336-7674 (208) 731-6760 bob@mail5.us
Options
2021-07-22 11:38:28

@britsoft 

I agree with you that it most likely the ISP. Since it happens at the same time each day, bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and see if it fails. If it fails, you know it is not the router. My ISP put some type of filters on several lines in our area because someone was causing interruptions every morning.

Options
2021-12-21 22:36:31

To update this thread, we did find a resolution but the ISP and myself are not sure why it resolved the issue.  ISP finally brought their own modem out and hooked it up in parrallet with mine so they could monitor and record what was going on on the cable.  In order to do this they had to put a Y adapter in the cable, physically, so I had a splint cable, one going to mine modem and one going to their modem.  From the time that this was installed until a week later when they came back to get their modem I had absolutely no drops or problems.  About two days before they were to come get their modem I asked the tech if it would be ok if I just disconnected theirs, he had no problem.  Interesting thing was that with their modem removed but the Y cable still connected because it was behind the desk and I couldn't reach it, I continued to have not drops or problems.  It has now been several months  with the Y adapter still installed and with a resistance terminator where the other modem was connected and I continue to have absolutely no problem, no drops, not even a hitchup.  The Y adapter fixed the entire problem that had been going on for over two years.  My belief, though I have no proof, is that the signal coming into the house on the cable was TO STRONG and putting in the extra load provided by the resistance of a second modem and now a connection terminator dropped it enough so that it isn't causing distortion or whatever.  Fixed completely by accident.

Robert D. Weaver Heyburn, ID 83336-7674 (208) 731-6760 bob@mail5.us
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7278

Replies: 8