HS210 works sometimes doesn't work other times

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-01 23:58:44
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed two HS210 three-way switches. At one location, the switch is completely inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Thinking I had a switch problem, I swapped the switches but even when swapped I got the same behavior at the same location. So is there any wiring issue I should check for? What is also weird is that sometimes, when the switch is not working, if I turn on the light using another switch (not a smart switch) on the same circuit, the HS210 will then work for a while.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS210 works sometimes doesn't work other times
2019-12-02 21:31:19

@MMcKaibab 

It sounds like you have a single HS210 on a 3-way circuit with a manual switch is that correct?  If so you possibly have the HS210 on the "load" side and it should be on the "power" side.  If it is on the load side you would need to put the manual switch in a static "on" postion in order for the HS210 to work poperly.   

Options
2019-12-02 21:39:32

@Carl Thanks for the response. So how do I determine load or power side and how would I put the manual in static on? Obviously, I know enough about basic wiring to set things up, but your comment makes it clear I have some other stuff to learn. Thanks.

Options
2019-12-02 21:43:23

@MMcKaibab 

Honestly other than trial and error I would not know how to answer that.  There are a few here in the community are are more electircal experts so they may be able to provide a more suitable answer if they see this post.  I have a similar setup in my home and couldn't figure it out either then when i kept the manual switch in a on positition eveything worked. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 3