Install.exe can't detect installed Archer T6E on my PC.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-03 07:53:58
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I got a wireless adapter when I built my PC 2 years ago, but didn't need to use it until now. My Archer T6E status light has always been lit, so I figured I installed it correctly, I just never bothered with installing drivers and completely setting it up while I had access to ethernet. I pulled up the drivers for the T6E on my laptop from the TP-Link website, downloaded them to a flashdrive, and put the install.exe file on my PC. When I ran the file, my PC couldn't even detect that I had a wireless card plugged into the motherboard. 

So far, I've swapped the wireless card to a different PCI-e slot on the motherboard (gigabyte ga-ab350) to see if maybe it was an issue with the first slot. Still nothing, but the wireless card's status light still glowed, so I know it was in the slot correctly. Nothing but an ethernet option and some other random stuff shows up in my installed network devices, no TP link device. I've restarted my PC a few times and tried again. Now I'm stuck, I'm thinking about getting a new wireless card, but I'm worried that my PC won't detect it either. 

I need help determining if this is an OS fault (win10), a faulty wireless card, or something is wrong with my mobo (which I doubt, every other slot works perfectly fine and detects everything connected to it, but TWO PCI-e slots are dead? I doubt that. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Install.exe can't detect installed Archer T6E on my PC.
2019-12-04 22:02:52

@darkseas19 

What is the model of your processor and the graphics card?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1159

Replies: 1