Archer C2300 Keeps Disconnecting even when hardwired into it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-08 22:42:24
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

I have had the Archer C2300 Since September of this year. About 2 weeks ago I had to have my Drive Replaced because uit was failing.  I got it back and after 15 to 40 mins of internet usege there would be a sudden disconnect. In order to re-connect I would have to reboot the WIFI router. THis happens rather I am hardwired into the router or via WIFI.  I did take it back to the place who did my drive and it maintaines the internet connection there.  And when I turned off my WIFI router and hardwired myself into the cable modem I maintained a solid connection no disconnecting.  WHich means the issue is with the WIFI router.    I did chat with a support staffer of TP-LINK and they had me change a few things, but that did not resolve the issue.  Is there something I am missing that I can do to top this disconnection from happening?

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 Keeps Disconnecting even when hardwired into it
2019-12-09 15:04:07
Is this happening with only this one device? If so, I would suspect the device not the router. First, I would replace the cable between the modem and router with a new high quality one and ensure the connections are good. Also ensure you have good clean power to the router. I have a UPS on my modem and router. If you have a UPS, be sure it is working correctly as I have seen strange issues when the battery is at end of life.
Options
2019-12-09 22:31:22

@ArcherC8  Lwt me see if I can better explain so maybe I can help reach a solution with you that works.  I bought the router in September. I also went out an bought from Best Buy and insignia eithernet cord that plus from my laptop directly to the Archer Router.  I maybe ion a laptop, but my laptop is plugged into the power supply by wall plug/outtlet so there is no way a battery about to die would affect this situation.     

Yes, it only seems to be happening on my laptop

Here is what is odd about this....

Every single time I suddenly get disconnected, I look up my networking status map and it shows internet connection is there and that I am connected, but my web browsers won't work.

I did not have this issue until I got my laptop back from a new drive being put in

It has been back to the repair shop twice to try and figure out this issue, but I still have it.  WHAT IS ODD is there is no disconnection issues at the repair shop.

THere is NO disconnection issues if I am hardwired into my cable service modem. The ONLY time I have the duisconnect issue is when I am hardwired or WIFI connected to the TP-LINK Archer... and no idea why.

YES, I have been in touch with customer service for TP-LINK, first time they had be redo some settings, but it didn't fix it.  THe second time they had me reset the router completely. THIS DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE EITHER.

Now, I can stay connected okay via my cellphine to the WIFI router.  I can even stayed connectef via my laptop when playing WORLD OF WARCRAFT, but it kicks me off every 15 to 40 mins while using the web browsers, doesnt matter which web browser it is. I have Edge and GOogle Chrome.

Options
2019-12-10 14:20:13
You are doing the right things. It sounds more like the PC than the router but can not rule out the router. Do you have another PC you could borrow and test with it? When it dies, are you on the same web sites? Clear the history and cookies on your browsers and also try incognito mode. Consider taking the router to the place that worked on the PC and see they will hook it up and see if it fails there. Ask if they can loan you a router to test out. Some routers and electrical equipment are very sensitive to power so you may want to see if they will loan you an UPS. Is there some other electrical device that may be causing a power drop or spike such as a dryer, fridge, or some tool? If you have an electrical meter, watch your voltage and see it it changes. You can try a different wall outlet on a different breaker via extension cord.
Options
2019-12-10 20:14:14

@ArcherC8   There is no power issues... no sudden surges or drops.  THere is nothing that would interfer with the outlet I am connected to because the only things on the circit is a lamp, the modem, router, and my laptop...

Here is what I found while digging lastnight and that is I found that when my Youtube video suddenly stops in the middle of a video or I gonto click on something and the web page starts to call up the change... that duyring this time I checked my networking map and it says the whole time... CONNECTED TO INTERNET... it never goes away. Yet I can't go to ANY web page nor will the YouTube video continue... no matter how much time I sit I wait for it.  

I did some PING work and what I found funny there is that it will ping every site find that I don't have a web page called up on. Example, I was on Walmart's website lastnight and as I clicked on an item it suddenly does what it always does and it started to load the next page but then that circle/loading thing comes up and it stays there.  I went to ping it while it was locked up on that point and it couldn;t ping it... came back with 4 failed pings.  However, if I went to ping hotmail it would pring it just fine with 4 successful pings even tho the Walmart one failed.  Does this mean anything?

Options
2019-12-10 20:18:12

@ArcherC8   I forgot to add that when the PC repair guy tested out the laptop... he said he had it streamingly all night and into the next day and did not have any connection or disconnection issues at all...  So the issue somehow resides here at my place. As I said WHEN I AM HARDWIRED into my internet providers modem... there is no disconnection issues.  I only run into the disconnection issue if I am running off the WIFI router by WIFI or even when hardwired into it.

Options
2019-12-11 13:19:15

@KNorkooli What modem are you using? Is it a gateway model (modem-router) or just a modem. Wondering about a possible double NAT. Do you use a VPN? Next time it happens, sign on to the modem and see if there are any events in the logs. Also try power cycle the modem when it happens but not the router. In another post someone fixed the same issue by changing the IP address. No more info was given. 

Options
2019-12-11 22:43:38

@ArcherC8 

ArcherC8 wrote

@KNorkooli What modem are you using? Is it a gateway model (modem-router) or just a modem. Wondering about a possible double NAT. Do you use a VPN? Next time it happens, sign on to the modem and see if there are any events in the logs. Also try power cycle the modem when it happens but not the router. In another post someone fixed the same issue by changing the IP address. No more info was given. 

Good point, I was thinking a possible IP conflict. Maybe assign a static IP to the computer outside of the DHCP pool of the router.

Options
2019-12-11 23:05:58

@Tony   It is connected from my modem... so it is just a WIFI router for me... not thge modem aspect.  I hae no idea why it worked for a few months just fine and then suddenly the IP conflic issue would show up. In Any case I was on the phone with TP-Link tech support and they come to the result there is soemthing wrong with the Router.  Trust me, we tried everything possible.  Let me hope when I get a new one (I think I get a new one) that will end the overall issue.

Options
2020-01-28 20:44:21

@KNorkooli 

Have you found a solution?

I have almost the same problem with my c2300 V1. The LAN drops out several times every day. Wifi works fine. I have had the problem for the last two month. I use static IP adresses for all wired items. 

Options
2020-01-28 21:13:12

@JTBay  I ended up contacting customer service about a total of 4 times. In the end they wanted me to fill out some type of service thing so that I could mail the router in to them. Not sure if it was so they could see what is wrong and repair it or if they were just going to replace it completely.  In other words, they had no idea why it was doing it, but one other user on this thread did suggest that something within the system (the lsptop) kept changing the I.P. addrss or something type of networking address, but when I checked that, my system wasn't doing any of that.  Then someone brought up that Charter/Spectrum had done a recent update and that it might have made n issue for the wifi router/ compadibility issue.  END RESULT....  my guy bought me a brand new laptop for Christmas.  I have NOT had any issue with the WIFI at all with my new laptop. I think somewhere along the line when the new Tril. hard drive I had to have put in my old laptop that some settings no one has come up with got very messed up, or something was NOT trans over when they transfered all of my personl files onto the new drive.  IF YOU CAN: To rule out your service providers modem being the issue...  disconnect from your wifi... and hardwire yourself directly into your service provider modem.  If there is no disconnection issues at all... then make sure there was no software updates you missed from either TP or Microsoft or whatever you have.  Also make sure your provider did not upgrade something in their system such as new cable runs, etc.. My internet provider did offer to give me a brand new modem if I wanted to bring in the one they gave me since it had been 2 years. You might want to do that as well.  If all of that fails and a RESET of the WIFI modem doesn;t work... then you will have to do what I did which is call TP-LINK customer service support... explain the issue and they will have you do a few things. If it doesn't work you might have to send it in. If your under warrenty best to do this sooner than later. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3402

Replies: 11

Related Articles