Wireless for only five feet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-09 02:21:52
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

My 5400x will not send out a wireless signal unless you are five feet away from it. I have chatted with technical support and have called technical support twice. They changed the channels and bandwidth on the router twice. I have rebooted my router many times. I have reset it to factory default.  I have called my internet provider and checked to see if they are at fault and they are not at fault. What can I do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless for only five feet
2019-12-09 14:56:26
If that is true for multiple devices, I would start the return process and have them send you a new one.
Options
2020-01-31 21:16:28

@byabrook-1 Im having almost the exact same issue except with mine its 2 feet away the WiFi signal dies. How did you end up resolving your issue?

Options
2020-02-03 21:40:29
Things I would try. Is the router in router mode and connected direct to the modem with a good Ethernet cable. If the modem is a gateway (modem/router combo) be sure the WIFI is off on the modem. Power down any extenders, repeaters, etc. Move the router to different location even if you do it only for a test to check for possible interference and test it. Turn the router off and check to be sure you do not have any SSIDs with the same name. Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router. If attached to an UPS, bypass it. Do a factory reset. Update the firmware. If firmware is up to date, reload the firmware. If all that fails, see if you can get them to replace the router. Let us know what happens.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 3