AX6000 no way to do access control via IP range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-10 00:58:14
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased an AX6000 Router and I do not see in the V1 manual any way to do access control via a IP address ranges, only individual devices. If that is true, it is basically useless to me. My Frontier Communications FIOS supplied router it is replacing even has this function, and I use it to limit what IP ranges have internet web access or not.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX6000 no way to do access control via IP range?
2019-12-10 23:10:22

@Gumly 

Each manufacture handles Access Control differently.  For TP-Link and the AX6000 Access Control is done via a devices MAC address.  IP address flitering is inefficent due to DHCP and IP leased addresses changing.  By basing it off the MAC ID regardless of IP a device will either be allowed access or not based on the rule set.  

Options
2020-04-21 13:39:28

@Carl it's really confused! I have A7 and it've worked fine when block/unbock with access control feature.  I recently purchased the AX6000 and with the latest fw.  However, the feature is there in ios block/unblock devices was not worked.  If it is not a part of the feature then just remove it! Yeah i'm lost

Options
2020-04-21 17:09:57

@Thach 

I'm not quite following can you explain the concern you are seeing in detail?

Options