Installing HS200 for a single pole light switch with 3 black wires

2019-12-23 03:07:05 - last edited 2019-12-23 03:12:57
Model: HS200
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Community,

I replaced a bunch of single pole and 3-way light switches at my home and hit a wall (no pun intended) when I tried to replace this single pole switch with a HS200.

This particular one is wired differently than the other single pole switches that i already replaced. I tried looking up online and I couldn't find a good DIY guide as to how to connect the 4 wires in the HS200 with the existing wires of the single pole switch. I would really appreciate your help in demystifying this one for me.

So here's what I have got:

First of all, the wallbox has a bundle of neutral wires secured with a wire nut. So I figure the neutral from the HS200 will go there.

The wallbox also has 2 grounding screws. So I believe I will have to attach the green ground wire from the HS200 to one of these screws.

Now, here's where I am mainly stuck. The switch has 3 black wires (see the image below) and I am not sure how to connect the live/load wires from the HS200 to these 3 black wires. So any help would be really appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Installing HS200 for a single pole light switch with 3 black wires
2019-12-31 01:30:29

@gp1275 

It looks like the wall has the correct number of wires needed to use the HS200.  With the current mechanical switch it appears your load and live wires are wired together to the same screw down on the switch.  To install the HS200 simply connect one to the HS200's live, one to its Load and then wire the netural.  If you do not have a ground available just put a wirenut on the Green wire to cap it off and that should be it.

Options