AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router was off this morning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-24 12:43:45 - last edited 2019-12-24 12:59:01
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20190724 rel.39445(5553)

The router has been acting perfectly since installing it about a month ago. This morning when I looked at it all the green lights on the front of the router were off. The power cord was plugged in correctly. I pushed the power button on the unit once to off and I pushed it again to on and the router came to life. There was no power outage during the night. Does anyone know why the router turned off? Has anyone had the same experience? What can be done so that doesn't happen again? Incidentally under advanced features the LED control is on and night mode is not enabled and the router time is correct. Looking at the system log the last entry was odd - it shows a time of 1970-01-01 00:00:27, Type LED Controller, Level Info, and Log Content [1414]Service Start. Unfortunately the only thing I didn't do was to check whether or not the Wi-Fi was actually down or just the lights were off. If it happens again I will check whether or not the Wi-Fi is on first. Even so, without night mode disabled the system lights should have been on.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router was off this morning
2019-12-31 18:31:41

@dttfla 

That is not normal and if all LEDs are off either the unit lost power, the powerstrip is being overused and there is not enough power to supply the router power and shut down, the LED controller is actually working in night mode (though you said its wasn't), the LED button was pushed or the router has an issue.

Per your thread there wasn't a power outage and the LED controller is not enabled in night mode, so those can likely be rulled out.   A power strip power concern can be answered by plugging the router into the first outlet closest to the strip's cord.  This will ensure the router gets first dibs on power and will remain powered.  (this is also not very common).  Likely the issue was the LED button may have been pressed and you didn't realize it.  However in the slim chance the router has an issue first try to update the frimware if an update is available and if that does not resolve the issue let us know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1109

Replies: 1