HS200 only blinks amber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 only blinks amber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200 only blinks amber
HS200 only blinks amber
2019-12-31 20:21:36
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

First setup with this device.  It only blinks amber.  I've done both reset switches on the bottom as well as power-cycled the breaker switch.

Also, using colored lights like amber and green is not a good idea for us color-blind guys.  Maybe two lights?  Maybe Blue and Red?  I had to get someone to come and look at it for me.

Options
8 Reply
Re:HS200 only blinks amber
2019-12-31 23:02:49

@NHBob 

Blinking Amber indicates the switch is resetting.  make sure the two buttons on the bottom of the switch are not being inadvertnatily pushed by the faceplate or stuck in a depressed state.  Also make sure it is wired correctly.  The live and load wires do need to be wired to seprate wires in the switch box.  If there is only a single wire for both load and live then the swtich cannot be used there. A neutral wire is also required. 

Options
2020-01-02 00:46:17

@Carl 

I went out to dinner and came back and could see the TP network so I set it up and set the schedule.  But, at the scheduled time the lights didn't come on.  I can't turn them on manually either.

Can I assume that since I can see the network it's wired correctly?  From the wall I have a white, a ground and two blacks.  I connected white to white, ground to green and a black to a black (twice).  That's the way the previous timer was wired so I'm confident it's correct, but who knows.  I think that's what @carl means by "The live and load wires do need to be wired to seprate wires in the switch box."  I've even switched the black to no avail.

Options
2020-01-02 16:52:26

@NHBob 

Yes in some older wires the live and load wires were actually the same wire.  For our device to work they have to be seperate wires which is how most newer wiring is.  If you were able to setup the device and create a schedule then they are not longer available and you can't even turn the lights on by manually hitting the toggle. I would gather a guess and say the product might be defective.  As long as it qualifies for a warranty replacement (bought with in two years and for an authorized retailer) we can issue a replacement unit to you.  Contact Kasa.Support and provide a link to this thread to request a replacement.  They will give you instructions on how the replacement process goes and what to do. 

Options
2020-07-23 20:56:07
Have Red and Black....connected to the (2) black wires on unit. No green, but amber blinks continuously with lights going off and on correspondingly.
Options
2020-07-23 21:26:10

@barringer attempted to install unit in another outlet, stiil only blinks amber (with lights going on and off with each click)...no green light at all.

barringer wrote

Have Red and Black....connected to the (2) black wires on unit. No green, but amber blinks continuously with lights going off and on correspondingly.

Options
2021-01-21 00:07:39

@barringer 

Did you mage this work? I have the same issue. And costumer care blows. 

Options
2021-10-10 06:15:40

@Carl 

Hi Carl

I have the same problem

It keeps resetting and the only thing I see on the swtich a flickering oragne light with the lights outside turn on and off !

Originally the switch had only two wires going into it ... although the panel had a white neutral wire and a copper ground wire 

I connected all 4 wires of the kasa switch as instructed ( 2 load wires ) and a neutral to neutral and ground to ground ... but always getting the flickering orange on switch

What should be my next step ?  

Options
2021-10-11 16:30:51

@Kasa-G 

Are the Line and Load wires being wired to the same house wire or do they have their own wires in the switch box?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5606

Replies: 8

Related Articles