AX Range Extenders / AX Hardware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-05 18:19:27

What range extenders compatible with AX routers? Like the Archer AX3000.

Can we mix AC extender and AX router? Will mixing lower speed?

When Deco Mesh for AX comes out will nodes be compatible with Archer AX3000? 

Options
6 Reply
Re:AX Range Extenders / AX Hardware
2020-01-06 17:44:53
As I understand almost any extender will work with your router however they will not have the features that AX supports. The AC extender should work fine and your speed may be lower if your overall speed is faster than the extender's speed. Of course those published speeds are in a perfect world which you are not likely to get.
Options
2020-01-07 23:41:42

@Mr_Clean 

We have not come out with AX extenders yet, there should be some announced at CES. In the mean time you can use AC extenders and will function as if the router was a AC router. Mixing will not lower speeds you just wont have AX capable speeds.

Our Deco AX units are slated to be launched around March of this year.

Options
2020-05-06 20:46:08

@Mr_Clean 

It's now May and no sign of of the AX compatible range extenders.  I recently moved to a larger home and my AX6000 could really use the help to reach the far corners of my home (which includes the yard since I have smart home devices out there as well.)  Any word or updates on the expected release date?

Options
2020-05-06 21:27:33
A range extender will cut the WIFI speed by about 50% if using one channel and the slowest if using multiple. If you want the the fastest connection, go to a mesh system. An AC extender will work fine and be usable for many years depending on how many devices you have that use or need AX.
Options
2020-06-11 20:58:20

@ArcherC8 I was reading that they were supposed to add One Mesh capability to the AX3000.  However, it's been a slow progress cause there's nothing new I can find since January 2020.  Hope to see this One Mesh added soon. 

Options
2020-06-12 12:30:10
I noticed that also that there have not been more products added to the Mesh list. When I upgrade, I plan on a pure Mesh system instead of the firmware modified router/extender route.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4648

Replies: 6

Related Articles