Password incorrect AC1900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 01:49:26
Model: Archer C90  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Latest

I just set up this new modem today and my son’s iPhone 7+ keeps disconnecting. It’s funny because this happened to me earlier today, but it’s been fine now on my iPhone 6. Interestingly, I couldn’t use the password I set for my 2.4G so I tried using the one for my 5G and it worked, but soon after I lost it again so then I tried the correct one and it worked. I suggested this for my son and it worked. Like me, he lost it and then tried the correct one and he was on again, but unlike me, he lost his connection again and again and again. Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Password incorrect AC1900
2020-01-13 13:14:07
If you changed the modem and not the router, I do not see where the router would be the issue. Do you have any issues with other WIFI devices at the same time? However, you should delete (forget) both networks on your phones and then reestablish the network.
Options
2020-01-19 20:05:25

@Greatjustgreat  In response to Archer C8's suggestion, which was:  If you changed the modem and not the router, I do not see where the router would be the issue. Do you have any issues with other WIFI devices at the same time? However, you should delete (forget) both networks on your phones and then reestablish the network.  I have did not change the modem, it was the router I replaced.  However, I decided to return the router as many past posts have revealed similar problems with other routers from TP-Link.

Options
2020-08-25 21:44:09

@Greatjustgreat 

Well I tried everything and then just for kicks I turned on the guest feature and bam I was able to connect my Iphone to that network.  I live out in the country so no issues with others joining but at least I can now connect my iphone.  Not a fun issue

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1251

Replies: 3