Toshiba laptop with Intel AC 7265 adapter doesn't connect to A9 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 15:33:41
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Are there any known incompatibilities between the A9 and Intel AC 7265 wireless adapter?

All the devices in my house, including an older Macbook (I believe it's a 2013 model), can connect to both bands,

but my laptop won't. I'm not sure whether to buy a new adapter or router. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Toshiba laptop with Intel AC 7265 adapter doesn't connect to A9 router
2020-01-13 20:03:59
If other devices can connect to both bands then one would think the issue is with that specific device not the router. Try deleting (forget) that network and re-establishing it. That may correct the issue. Also try specific WIFI channesl and band widths for that band.
Options
2020-01-13 22:53:25

@ArcherC8 Thanks for the reply. I have toyed with some of the settings, haven't gotten to trying specific channels yet. I was asking in a more general sense, i.e.,

the AC 7265 is known not to work. Wi-fi adapters are cheaper than I realized, I'll consider replacing mine. 

ArcherC8 wrote

If other devices can connect to both bands then one would think the issue is with that specific device not the router. Try deleting (forget) that network and re-establishing it. That may correct the issue. Also try specific WIFI channesl and band widths for that band.

Options
2020-01-14 23:44:42

@JoeyD 

There are not any compatibility issues. Might be worth checking if any new drivers may be availble for your adapter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 915

Replies: 3