Ax3000 lock up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ax3000 lock up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ax3000 lock up
Ax3000 lock up
2020-01-15 19:19:38

I got the ax3000 on black Friday and have had nothing but problems. 1st was that when my S10 got upgraded to android 10 I couldn't connect the the router. this isn't a big deal as I am using the ax3000 just in the basement. 

The big problem is that the router locks up about every 48 hours and requires a restart. 

Anybody else have issues with this?  I am thinking that this is just a poor product and I may try to return it. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Ax3000 lock up
2020-01-16 00:07:30

@Musical123 

Yes we were recently made aware of a issue with the S10 and  Android 10 updates breaking the device connection.  We have been infromed a new firmware to address the issue will be released with in the next week.  

For the router lock up we would need to know more information such as how the router is configured (router or AP mode).  If its connected to a modem, a gateway or another router. And anything you might feel we would need to know to help address the issue.  

Options
2020-01-17 18:06:24

@Carl 

Hi Carl,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff, but my old netgear worked flawlessly.

My set-up

Internet comes into house and connects to an Xfinity modem/wireless router combo on the mail floor of my house.  I then ran a cable from the modem/router combo to the basement and connected to AX5000.

On the Thether Operation Mode I have the Access Point selected, but before I had been using the Wireless Router mode.

Is there anything else I can provide to help get this resolved?  

Regards,

Options
2020-01-20 21:30:31

@Musical123 

Well if its in AP mode that means the connection and IP addressing is happening from the Gateway device connected to your ISP.  The first step would be to log into that device and check the logs.  It could be as simple a short in the ethernet cable to as complicated as a firewall rule needing to be changed.  We would defiantly want to look at the logs first. 

Options
2020-01-23 00:08:32
Looks like the latest AX3000 firmware addresses the S10 issue and also mentions lockups with the router running in AP mode as with Musical123. Wonder if that's the same issue?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 975

Replies: 4

Related Articles