Smart connect with access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 19:16:21
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I was told by tplink tech that my c5 converted to access point will not utilize smart connect. I use the access point more than root router. Should I disenable smart connect if I'm not going to get use of it from access and if so how should I configure my root router and access point in terms of ssid to be the most efficient yet less troublesome to connect to?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart connect with access point
2020-01-16 21:21:58

@dadibones 

Hi, I assume you are talking about the Archer A7 and not the Archer C5 because the C5 does not have Smart Connect.  We did test the A7 in AP mode and Smart Connect is still available.   

Options
2020-01-16 22:20:08

@Carl 

Actually both but I am aware no smart connect on c5. What I'd like to know is what is the best way to get best performance out of both configuration-wise if I disable smart connect in A7. Should I use a different SSID on both devices and also for both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz or the same for the two devices and different for the two bands or any other combo to make it most efficient so my devices grab the fastest band and I'm not always having to manually pick one. Or maybe I will have to pick I don't know was hoping for some suggestions.

Options
2020-01-17 17:12:41

@dadibones 

well first we would like to know more about your deployment enviorment and what you are trying to acomplish.  That will give us a better understanding of your needs to make a best use senario for you. 

Options
2020-01-17 17:48:57

@dadibones 

Just trying to get the most efficient setup in my home.  The root router is in the basement, the access point is in master bedroom.  The setup is working right now.  Just wasn't sure if there was a more efficient way to set it up that might come close to mimmicing smart connect which I cannot enable due to C5 being in loop.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1792

Replies: 4

Related Articles