my archer c7 version 3 suddenly died this morning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-17 01:25:36
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

my router suddenly stopped working.  Restarted it, but no luck.

System light comes on intermittently but I wouldn't say it's flashing.  Does this mean system error? failure?  Any way to figure out what's wrong.  

The internet connect is fine (via modem).

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:my archer c7 version 3 suddenly died this morning.
2020-01-17 02:20:53
Power cycle the router. Try to connect via ethernet cable from your pc to the router. Check your settings. If still no connection, most likely you will need to reset it to factory and reenter your settings.
Options
2020-01-17 02:23:38
One other thing to try is a different ethernet cable and ensure a good connection.
Options
2020-01-17 17:15:24

@ronif 

If the system light is flashing then that is a good sign, the router is operating normally.

Log into the router with a Ethernet cable like @ArcherC8 mentioned and look at the status. It might be that it simply lost the WAN IP address. If that status shows all 0's, leave the router alone and just reboot the modem. See if the internet comes back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1367

Replies: 3

Related Articles