New Deco M9 - setup problems (unstable)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-17 20:36:37 - last edited 2020-01-17 20:40:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Just got a pair of new DECO M9's. Firmware 1.3.0.  They are running in access point mode. Modem/router is Xfinity Xfi cable modem. Deco's initialy booted up as router then I switched them over to AP mode.  WHen up and running (green light) they are fast!  I ham on 300Meg internet tier and get all the bandwidth plus more.

Each is connected off an Actiontec Moca bonded 2.0 adapter in 2 rooms via ethernet so it's ethernet backhaul.  The 2nd port on the M9's go to switches.  (Tried it the other way moca ethernet-> to switch->switch to M9's and have same issue).  (Previously had DECO-M5's in same config and they worked fine).

What is happening is they are both working 100% then I go away for a few hours and when I return both have solid yellow lights.  I have to reboot them to come back to green.

Any thoughts?  What is the proper way to initially set them up in access point mode?  The only way I could think of  was to initiialize in router mode then change to AP then add the 2nd one.  I may purchase a 3rd on and put it in router mode but for now it has to stay as AP.

Options
3 Reply
Re:New Deco M9 - setup problems (unstable)
2020-01-20 18:55:12

@RetiredInFl 

Beacause MOCA adapters are a converter there is always a chance that the signal is being interrupted at the conversion point,  To start to troubleshoot we would recommned disconnecting from the MOCA adapaters and using wireless backhaul to see if the disconnection stop.  Depending on the enviroment the speed may become a factor but we first want to rule out externals as a source for the lost connection. 

Options
2020-01-20 18:57:51

@Carl Not sure why, but it has become stable after a couple full resets,

Options
2020-01-20 21:40:22

@RetiredInFl 

That's good.  Keep us updated if the issue returns.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1210

Replies: 3

Related Articles