Router Vs Modem speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router Vs Modem speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router Vs Modem speed
Router Vs Modem speed
2020-01-17 22:53:39
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

My Modem alone delivers full and then some speed offered by my provider.  When I connect my router to my modem and then hardwire same device to router the speed drops radically.  Is this an issue or a common occurence?  Provider offers 500Mbps, I get that and up to 600 from modem.  Router only gives me 350 hardwired.  What should I look for or do to fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Vs Modem speed
2020-01-18 14:34:52

@dadibones  I had a similar issue with my C5400 router.  To fix it I disabled QoS and traffic statistics and turned on NAT BOOST.  After rebooting my router I got an immediate increase in wired devices speed that match the speed directly from the modem.

Options
Re:Router Vs Modem speed
2020-01-18 17:59:22

@dadibones 

Tanks for input Gandolf...when I get home I'll try the traffic suggestion.  Last night I did some digging in the community and found familiar posts as mine with your same options of nat boost and qos.  Gave them a shot to no avail.  I'll see what traffic option does and maybe I'll try a few of my own.  Can anyone suggest what not to fool with when trying these options?  Does having an access point and android box plugged into ethernet plugs of the same router affect speed output to laptop ethernet?  Enough to rob 200 Mbps from the system?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 893

Replies: 2

Related Articles