Deco M9 Plus node stuck on yellow light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-18 15:03:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have been using the 3-node Deco M9 Plus system for over a year now without any problems. However, recently one of the nodes (not the main node) stopped working and is now stuck on the yellow start up light without any change in the LED color. I have tried numerous solutions such as rebooting the deco, waiting for a few minutes then pressing the reset button for 1 second and then waiting again, multiple times, and the LED light just continues to not change color, stuck on the yellow light. I have also looked into the forums to see if anyone has similar solutions and have followed the instructions provided by the TP-Link support and nothing works. I have also tried disconnecting the node from the deco network using the mobile app and nothing has changed. Is there any viable solution to this problem? Or is the only solution to replace it with another deco?

Thank you in advanced.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus node stuck on yellow light
2020-01-19 23:22:58 - last edited 2020-01-19 23:23:41

Just for fun did you swap out power adapters? I would hold the reset button for 4-5 seconds. If resetting the device doesn't get you a blue-led it sounds like a hardware problem. There are some cheaper single M9 replacements on eBay than buying from retail.

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus node stuck on yellow light
2020-01-20 19:18:23

@Mul 

Try moving the unit to be the base unit using that units power supply.  connect the previous base unit with the power supply of the one not working and see if the swap conditions.  If they do the the issue may either be simply the power cord or the outlet has gone bad.  If you relocate that unit and it works then the issue may very well be in the outlet a short perhaps.  If not and the issue persist, then its likely a bad unit and you can simply request a replacement as long as you bought the unit from an authorized retialer and its still in warranty.  

Avoid buying on eBay unless its from TP-Link's official storefronts or NewEgg's as everyone else is a 2nd hand product (regardless of stated condition) and not valid for warranties. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3792

Replies: 2