Logging into admin page with new user name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-21 03:03:16
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The admin login page only prompts for a password, not a username.

I'm pretty sure I set up a new admin username. How do I enter that and the password?

I'm getting login failures with just the password. I saved it with a password manager, I'm not entering it wrong.

I know I can reset the router and start over, but with over 20 devices connected, I'll lose my mind if I have to do that.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Logging into admin page with new user name
2020-01-21 12:47:08
power cycle modem, router, and pc. Try clearing your browser history and cookies and try again. Also you can try a different browser or computer. Best to sign off before trying to sign on with a different device.
Options
2020-01-21 15:13:25

@ArcherC8 Done, done and done. I guess it's at least possible that I changed the password again and it didn't get captured by the password manager,

but I don't remember doing that, and

ArcherC8 wrote

power cycle modem, router, and pc. Try clearing your browser history and cookies and try again. Also you can try a different browser or computer. Best to sign off before trying to sign on with a different device.

it  looks right to me. I thought the issue would be that I created another username.

Router reset in my future. angry

Options
2020-01-21 15:53:11
Sounds like it. If the router is in a secure place, you can also tape the user id/password to it. I know someone that has all their user id and password printed. They put extra characters before and after the printed password so they ignore the first three characters and the last one. Also after it is up and stable, back it up so you have a backup to save time re-entering those settings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 827

Replies: 3

Related Articles