How to delete old router ssid's showing up on new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-23 02:23:19
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Replaced TL-WDR4300 N750 dual band router with AC 1750 Archer C7. Setup went fine with a new SSID for new router. However my wireless devices show the old router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSID's are still available. These do not show up in new router's user interface. How to delete these old SSID's? They must have been obtained by new router from old config file.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to delete old router ssid's showing up on new router
2020-01-23 18:37:29

@bluemarvin 

The config for one router will not work in another, espcially if they are different models.  What is happening is that these are "saved" networks.  Devices remember networks they have connected to.  This is why say on a Cell phone you do not need to sign in everytime you connect to WiFi.  All you need to do is go to each indvidual device go to their saved network list and remove the old network name. 

Options
Re:How to delete old router ssid's showing up on new router
2020-01-29 01:42:08
Aah, thank you for the insight. I killed off my devices' networks but alas I still saw the pesky SSID's. Finally figured out it was my RE200 Range Extender ...I'd forgotten about it. It still had the old router configuration's SSID's. Once I reconfigured with the new router all was good.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5949

Replies: 2