Deco M5 Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Question
Deco M5 Question
2020-01-28 15:20:48

I have a few decos in my home from devices that are strictly wifi such as smart devices or cameras. However I do also have live ports in every room. Can I plug my Deco slaves units into the ports to give them I hard wire path back to the master or do they only connect back via wireless bridge?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Question
2020-01-28 17:10:11

@Astone595 

Every Deco units LAN port will give them connection to the entire network. So if it is a computer or a switch both will work.

Yes, you can do that to provide a network connection to your wired paths.

Options
2020-01-28 17:38:42

@Tony Does the node know when i patch it in that it has a link back and it will disable the wireless conntection to the master...? do I need to change settings or reboot? Do just plug in lan cable that goes back to my switch and that it? any way to verify its working?

Options
2020-01-29 20:18:19

@Astone595 

You simply plug it in, nothing else needs to be done the Deco units will sense the wired connection and use that rather then Wi-Fi. To verify the Deco units are talking over Ethernet, open the Deco app, tap on one of the satallite units (not the main Deco), and the signal source will tell you Ethernet or 2.4Ghz/5GHz.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 600

Replies: 3

Related Articles