Cant access wifi on c2300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-01 19:55:50
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I tried to find a topic on this and could not. I set up my router with no problems when I bought it a couple months ago. But, at some point I lost the wifi on all my devices and could not reconnect. My wifi does not show up on any of my devises. I tried factory resetting and this has not helped. When I tried re setting the router back up it said that I could not use the 5gh due to my location. I can connect to my desk top with an ethernet cable. But, cannot connect to the wifi (2.4 as well as 5). It says the firmware is up to date. I am not savy on routers. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cant access wifi on c2300
2020-02-02 12:58:05
Power cycle modem, router and your devices. On your devices, try to delete (forget) the WIFI networks. Then reestablish the connection by reentering the SSID and password.
Options
2020-02-02 18:03:31

@ArcherC8 thank you for the response. I tried all of that and still can't gain access to wifi. When i try to add it tells me it is not in range. I am sitting right next to it and tried moving away. Also when I try to set up again it tells me that I can't set up 5g due to restrictions in my country. For time zone I entered eatern standard tome US/ Canada. I am in the US.

Options
2020-02-02 22:19:24
I would contact support and see if they will replace it as it sounds like there is an issue with it.
Options
2020-02-03 17:47:34

@sawthelight 

Since you arleady tried factory resetting, one other thing you can do is to manually upload the latest firmware on the router as it might have gotten corrupt.

If that still does not work, contact our support agents at that point to see what solutions they can offer you.

Live Chat: link
Phone: link
E-mail: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 4

Related Articles