Need help with combined wireless LAN with powerline connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 02:42:02

Computer 1 is separated from my wireless router and other LAN computers by a brick wall.  My wireless router sees computer 1 and assigns it an IP address, but LAN communication with computer 1 is unreliabe.  I 'm trying to solve this by running a TP-Link powerline connection between computer 1 and an ethernet port on the wireless router.  All computers on the LAN are running Windows 10 Prof.  I have enabled all of the Windows sharing and remote access settings I can find on all LAN computers, including computer 1.  So far, the other LAN computers cannot commmunicate with computer 1, despite the fact that the router sees computer 1 and assigns it an IP address.  Even if I type the IP address into a browser window address, it still fails.  The wireless router assigns the "connection type" of all devices on the LAN as "SSID 1", except computer 1 that is assigned a connection type as "Ethernet 1".   I suspect that is some kind of configuration or addressing problem.  Someone please enlighten me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need help with combined wireless LAN with powerline connection
2020-02-06 02:56:23
One more fact: computer 1 has access to the internet via the powerline connection and the wireless router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles