Deco x60 Ethernet Backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-10 14:44:10
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Deco x60, 1.1.3 Build 20200110 Rel. 63639, app shows system is up to date.

Hello, I'm having trouble setting up the Deco x60 Ethernet Backhaul. Everything works fine on wifi, the remote units connect fine, everything is working fine, but I'm looking to extend the range of the units by connecting to my existing ethernet network. The ethernet was definitely working at gigabit connection, as it's a mix of Cat 6 and 7 cables, and previously worked and tested at near 1Gb. When I try to set up the remote units by pluggin into this network, the remote units stay Red. The moment I reset and use only wifi, the remote units work fine and turn green.

Is there anything I need to do to explicitly enable ethernet backhaul on the Deco x60? I saw that the specs say ethernet backhaul is optional, but doesn't say yes explicitly. Also the manual doesn't mention or show how to set up remote units via ethernet backhaul. I'm asking here as I tried 3 times to set up remote via ethernet and finally gave up and let it be, though the wifi remote units are working fine, no question.

Many thanks in advance!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco x60 Ethernet Backhaul?
2020-02-12 19:44:07

@mwsssss 

Take one of the x60's and plug it in directly into another x60. If that turns green, then the switches are not forwarding the packets since the red LED indicates the x60 is not getting an IP address.

Options
2020-02-12 19:47:14

@Tony

ahhhh ok, thank you! I was just surprised it's not explicit in the manual. much obliged.

Options
2020-04-16 13:55:13

How do I know that the ethernet backhaul is actually working? ...my satellites are showing green both when the ethernet cable is disconnected and when it is connected.

Options
2020-04-17 17:15:39

@ViSvId 

I am not sure if the app shows it, I know for the M5 it does. Open your Deco app, tap on the globe icon, then tap on one of your Deco units. Look at the source and it would say Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

Options
2020-04-18 18:37:07

@mwsssss 

I think the latest firmware updates fixed it. Now everything works! If unplugged, the unit both X60 and M5 just go to wifi backhaul. If ethernet plugged it, just goes to ethernet backhaul. And they are mixed. My x60s are on ethernet, 1 of the M5s on ethernet, and the remaining M5 on wifi...... whew so all good. Thanks TP Link! Great great product, extremely happy with the ease and reliability of the x60, and the backwards compatibility so far.

Options
2020-12-31 18:54:08

@mwsssss 

HI 

DO YOU RECOMMEND X60 THAN THE PREVIOUS M9PLUS , M5 AND M4?

CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME WHY?

BECAUSE I WILL BUY ONE OF THE ABOVE MODELS AND I AM SO CONFUSED.

MANY THANKS

REGARDS

JAIME

mwsssss wrote

@mwsssss 

I think the latest firmware updates fixed it. Now everything works! If unplugged, the unit both X60 and M5 just go to wifi backhaul. If ethernet plugged it, just goes to ethernet backhaul. And they are mixed. My x60s are on ethernet, 1 of the M5s on ethernet, and the remaining M5 on wifi...... whew so all good. Thanks TP Link! Great great product, extremely happy with the ease and reliability of the x60, and the backwards compatibility so far.

Options
2020-12-31 19:45:41 - last edited 2020-12-31 19:58:48

@JAIMEBONET 

I'm using M9 & X60 all 3-pack

- M9 tri-band: great wireless connection between nodes, and I get full wifi speed from 02 slaves.

- X60 dual-band: max wifi speed from 03 nodes only with ethernet backhaul. In wireless backhaul, the 02 slaves show great wireless backhaul signal as M9, but their speed only get 1/2 to 2/3 compare to main node.

Bought X60 because no X5700/X90 available.

Options