Which tp-link device(s) can connect a USB printer to the network for connecting to it via TCP/IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which tp-link device(s) can connect a USB printer to the network for connecting to it via TCP/IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 19:40:38 - last edited 2020-02-17 09:40:46
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am a mobile app developer, and I have a point of sale app for iPads that at the time of making a sale, the app prints a ticket.

Previously I used to use the Apple AirPort Express to connect a USB printer (Epson TM-T20II) to the network. All I used to do was connect it to the USB port included in the AirPort Express and the printer was available in the network in 2 ways, one was by the LPD (Line Printer Daemon protocol) and the Bonjour service. And the only thing I had to do with my application is to connect to the printer using the same modem IP using port 9100, I did it using sockets, sending the ESC / POS commands and ready the printing was achieved successfully.

The Apple AirPort Express has been discontinued and there is no way to buy it, so I have looked for other options and I have not managed to get it.

I tried it with your TL-MR3420 and its included print server does not allow me to connect to the printer as it did with the AirPort Express.

I kept investigating and I think that another way could be to the TL-MR3420 add a TL-PS110U to generate an IP to the printer inside the network so that I can connect to it through the LPD protocol and send the ESC / POS commands.

Is it possible that I can achieve that using the TL-PS110U device and connect it to another tp-link router?

Is there any other way to achieve that?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which tp-link device(s) can connect a USB printer to the network for connecting to it via TCP/IP?
2020-02-19 23:17:21

@IngAjVillalon 

We did have two print servers, the model you mentioned and the TL-PS510U, but both of those are end of life so they are not being manufactured anymore as well.

If you happend to come across the TL-PS110U you can try to use this FAQ to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/347/

Options