A7 Setup for Wireless Bridge Failing Me

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 18:15:55
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Latest

Not sure where to post my question so here goes- I'm tring to setup an A7 Router to be a wireless bridge to a single device on Ethernetwithout success. I found the instructions in the A7 User Manuall for wireless bridge setup and followed them and the trobleshooting tips but can't get the setup to work. One thing that is painfully obvious is when looking at the Status panel after completeing setup and troubleshooting options the Wireless network name is NOT being set.

I've tried several things to get this to work but so far no luck. Can anyone give some pointerss on how to get this working?

Thank you in advance.

David Sadler

Options
2 Reply
Re:A7 Setup for Wireless Bridge Failing Me
2020-02-26 18:37:50

@OldSneezer 

Hi David,

So you are trying to set the Archer A7 to repeat the wireless signal of a host router is that correct?

Options
Re:A7 Setup for Wireless Bridge Failing Me
2020-02-26 20:53:22

@Carl -

Thank you for responding. Not exactly. I'm trying to setup the router tobe a wireless to LAN bridge as described in the Archer C7 User Guide on page 100. My router is an Archer A7 but it says this User guides applies to the A7 as well.. So this means Wireless Riuter )))->  A7 Router LAN-> device.

As I said, once I'm done the Status Panel Wireless status shows rhe Network name unchanged after I have used the System Parameters WDS setup to set wirelss name and password. I can't get the setup to join my Wireless network (HouseontheHill). After several attempts I haven't been able to get the A7 to show the network name.

Can you help? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1649

Replies: 2

Related Articles