Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Orange internet light
Orange internet light
2020-02-28 03:37:39
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, so for starters I have an AC1750 (Archer A7) router but that wasn't present as an option for filling this post, just wanted to make that clear.

So basically the Internet light on my router is Orange, which from the docs I gathered that it means there's something connected to it but there might me some problem with the actual service from my ISP. However, if I disconnect the ethernet cable from it the Orange light is still on.

I tried the usual unplugging, waiting for some time and plugging again.

I tried holding the reset button for over a minute but nothing seemed to change it terms of the lights.

Also tried disabling/enabling the WPS/WiFi with the other button but also nothing happened.

The weirdest thing is that if I disconnect that ethernet cable (comes right outside a wall of my building, that's everything the ISP provided) and connect it to my laptop I have connection with no issues

Any recommendations for this? or is the device dead? I've only had it for like 3 months or so, so that's pretty odd

Options
5 Reply
Re:Orange internet light
2020-02-29 11:45:00
You had the router for three months. Has the orange light always been on? Does the router work okay except for the light? Try a different good quality cable.
Options
2020-02-29 18:46:29

@ArcherC8 No it hasn't always been on, it's been functioning properly for the past months, with all relevant lights turned on as green. Also even though it's connected and powered up the "ON" light is not turned at all, only the orange internet light

Options
2020-03-01 20:52:31
Disconnect the router from the internet and with only your PC connected via a good Ethernet cable, try to do a factory reset. If you can not, it may be bricked. There are some procedures on the internet to un-brick which my work for you. I have never tried to do that. Otherwise it sounds like it is time for a new router.
Options
2020-03-03 16:07:05 - last edited 2020-03-03 16:09:00

@EduardoT 

Usually people have a modem which they leave the router on, and just reboot the modem so the router can then get a internet connection.

In your case it might be that the internet connection looks for your laptop to only provide internet to.

Log into the A7, go to Advanced > Network > Internet. Do you have a WAN/Internet IP address? If it is all 0's, try selecting "release" then "renew". If that does not work, call the ISP and tell them if there is a way to reset the connection so the router can be recognized (MAC Binding).

If you do have a WAN IP address, then go into the internet settings, and manually configure the DNS servers to be: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Options
2020-03-25 17:25:08
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 29190

Replies: 5

Related Articles