TP-Link adapter connects to wireless network but I have no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-05 01:36:54
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.0.0.32

I recently purchased a TP-Link AC600 USB adapter (V2) for my MacBookPro running OSX 10.12.6.  I downloaded the Utility driver software from the TP-Link website and installed the utility.  The utility was successfully installed (Version 5.0.0.32) and appears to function correctly with the USB adapter. I get the solid green led on the adapter and in the utility I can connect to my wireless router and see the link status info etc.  My issue is the MacBook does not seem to recognize the USB adapter as its Wi-Fi source.  When I turn off the built-in Apple WiFi to test the TP-link adapter and launch a browser, the browser says I’m not connected to the internet.  As soon as I plug-in a network cable or turn on the Apple Wi-Fi the browser updates and is the page is correctly displayed.  This leads me to believe there is some internal configuration that needs to be made to point the MacBook's network input to the TP-Link adapter and not the built-in Apple WiFi.  

I even looked in my Network system preferences window but didn’t see the USB adapter listed as I thought I might need to select it as the network input configuration.  No joy there either.

Any suggestions to remedy this matter would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

Options