Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-05 21:06:26 - last edited 2020-03-05 23:37:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently set up my TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco M5) and it has been good in terms of WIFI coverage but the fact you can't see the data usage each device is responsible for is a big hit to its usefulness in my case. We have a data cap so it's important we monitor what devices/IPs are using the most data over a timeframe of week/month. The fact that this feature is missing may lead me to send the product back and use my old router (which I do not ideally want to do) or simply have my old router into the modem and the Deco into the router, which is not ideal either.

Is this a feature in the works? I feel like since you can monitor device usage up to the minute, this would not be a stretch feature correct?

Would like to hear updates and feedback from others.

Thanks,

Eric

Options
23 Reply
Re:Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)
2020-03-05 23:39:11

@EricDalrymple 

Hi Eric.  At this time that is not something the Deco or its software can do.  We can and will forward this to our PM as a suggestion though.  

Options
Re:Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)
2020-03-06 17:05:40

@Carl Thanks! I think we need to contact the PM because this would be a huge boost.

Options
2020-05-01 17:53:00

@Carl 

Hello Carl, i hope it is not the first time you "send this feature request to your Product team", people on this forum are asking for this feature since WWII

Options
2020-06-21 17:16:40 - last edited 2020-06-21 17:17:33

@Bobrovsky @Carl  I also need this feature.

How the product team didn't think about this basic feature while you are delivering real time device wise speed.

Options
2020-08-25 05:16:01

@EricDalrymple : I'm sure TP link doesnot care about its customers

EricDalrymple wrote

Hello,

I recently set up my TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (Deco M5) and it has been good in terms of WIFI coverage but the fact you can't see the data usage each device is responsible for is a big hit to its usefulness in my case. We have a data cap so it's important we monitor what devices/IPs are using the most data over a timeframe of week/month. The fact that this feature is missing may lead me to send the product back and use my old router (which I do not ideally want to do) or simply have my old router into the modem and the Deco into the router, which is not ideal either.

Is this a feature in the works? I feel like since you can monitor device usage up to the minute, this would not be a stretch feature correct?

Would like to hear updates and feedback from others.

Thanks,

Eric

Options
2020-08-25 17:30:44

@saran well I certainly hope they do, this should be a top priority for them. Especially when you consider how they are already tracking several different metrics and have an app.

Options
2020-08-26 20:48:40
Basic reporting or access to data collection service.
Options
2020-10-05 05:59:37

@Carl 

Hi, it is indeed very disappointing that TP Link Deco does not have this feature of tracking data usage by devices. This is something even cheap devices have. Can we expect this feature in the next update? Expected date?

Options
2020-10-05 06:43:44
I am very hopeful for getting the Data usage feature in near future as they have recently added AES security in deco devices.
Options
2020-10-05 18:59:54 - last edited 2020-10-05 19:00:10

@Ritiz 

No you should not expect it and certainly not that quick.  We have not been told if that is going to be a feature or not.  We have provided the request but at this point there is no further information available.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 21

Views: 6709

Replies: 23