Conf.bin file compatibility with new router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-05 21:18:05
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I currently have an Archer VR2600 that is approaching the end of its life.

I'm considering an upgrade to an Archer AX50. I'm wondering if it's possible to create a conf.bin file of my Archer VR2600's settings and upload that file to the AX50? I'd like to save myself the trouble of having to set it up again.

If not, it isn't necessarily a deal breaker - however it would save me a good 20 - 40 minutes of recreating my network infrastructure.

Much obliged.

Pinstripe.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Conf.bin file compatibility with new router?
2020-03-05 23:36:03

@Pinstripe 

Unfortuently no.  Backup config files are specific to the hardware, hardware version and in somecase a specific firmware.  If you try load a config file from one router to another, it will error out.  The good news is that if you are just configuring the SSID as long as you use the same SSID and password your device should automatically reconnect with no problems.  if you have more advanced settings like reserved addresses or port forwarding rules then you will have a bit of configuring to do.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1126

Replies: 1

Related Articles