Network attached storage drops off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-12 15:09:29
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

noob here.

I have an Archer A20 and attached to it is a hard drive that I use for media. I've noticed that after a couple days, the USB LED indicator turns off and the drive is no longer present on my network. The only solution that I've found that works is power cycling the router and removing the hard drive and pluging the hard drive back in.

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why this ends up being unavailable? I can't seem to figure out the issue in admin.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Network attached storage drops off
2020-03-12 15:50:12
Could it be that one of your devices is telling it to go asleep? There have also been reports where the drive takes to much power for the router and a powered USB is needed but it did not take several days to show up.
Options
2020-03-12 17:12:40

@SLOAN in all honesty, it's a jump drive, so I can't see that taking up too much power from the router. I could see this happening if it was a like a larger passport like drive.

Options
2020-03-13 11:18:31
A jump drive would not be a power issue. I have a passport drive on my router and no USB hub and it works okay. If my drive disconnects usually from power down of my iMac I just go to my browser and enter SMB://192.168.0.1 then select to open in finder. On my Windows 10 laptop, I press the Windows Key and R and enter \\192.168.0.1 . No need to touch the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 3

Related Articles