what to buy?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

what to buy?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
what to buy?
what to buy?
2020-03-18 17:00:14

I currently use AC1200. It has being in use for quite a while and performing well. Couple of issues I struggle with are: it seems that with 14 active clients equally split between 2.4 and 5 Ghz I am bumping in some limitations where certain devices are unable to get any bandwidth (they are bumped out), the coverage of 1700 sqf single story house is not great even though it is wood frame built and router is in central location, and the third problem is low performance on 2.4 because of interference from other routers in the neighborhood. I have 200Mbps cable connection and don't care about v6 or gaming performance. I care about reliability (2.4 and 5 GHz) and reasonable reach/coverage. I have originally looked at AX10/20/50 but internet is full of bad reviews in the areas I care about. What should I buy?

Options
3 Reply
Re:what to buy?
2020-03-18 17:15:22

I currently have Archer C5 (US) and am running the latest firmware.

Options
2020-03-18 17:31:58
I have an Archer C8 and have added an RE220 range extender which fixed my issues with dead spots. On 5GHz I get more than the 200Mbps with my Comcast 200 blast service if I am in line of sight of the router. Lower as you move away. The 2.4 is slower but not an issue. I do have IPv6 set up. Just signed on to the C8 and have three wired and 23 wireless clients. When the time comes for me to upgrade I think I will strongly consider a mesh system such as the Deco. On the 2.4 you may want to try specific channel and bandwidth if you have done so already.
Options
2020-03-18 19:37:53

@Nevengal 

If you want full control of the wireless bands stick with a typical router. For a non AX router I would probably look at the Archer C4000, mainly the six high powered antennas and being tri-band to further seperate your 5GHz devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 3

Related Articles