Archer A7 default setup issues, proxy?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-19 14:07:02 - last edited 2020-03-20 16:58:32
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20191203 rel.56070(5553)

I just purchased an Archer A7 (AC1750):

Archer A7 v5.0

1.0.13 Build 20191203 rel.56070(5553)

Since replacing my old router with this one, I now have issues with two programs that mention proxy server errors. I didn't change any settings out of the box (it was new), except the SSID and password, and then I also updated the firmware this morning, which did not alleviate the problem.

Microsoft Outlook: There is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate. Outlook is unable to connecto the the proxy server ***.***.com. (Error Code 80000000).

TeamViewer 14: Please check your internet connection. Most likely you are using a proxy server and you have to enter the proper information in the options dialog.

I was able to pinpoint that both problems go away if I connect via Wifi. It only happens when I use ethernet, so I'm now leaving both connected and I just disable my LAN adapter when I need to refresh my email inbox or use TeamViewer.

What could be going on? TIA!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A7 default setup issues, proxy?-Solution
2020-03-20 13:49:36 - last edited 2020-03-20 16:58:32

Thanks for the tips, @Tony and @ArcherC8! I did try the cache/cookie clear, and my network adapter was all dynamic, not static configured. After disabling and enabling my network adapter a few times, I got a red exclamation point in device manager, so then i uninstalled my network driver, which may have done the trick. My mobo/network adapter had some software with it called "Killer Network Manager" (https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-network-manager-suite/) that I also uninstalled. Everything seems to be working for the last 12+ hours.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A7 default setup issues, proxy?
2020-03-19 15:14:15
Not sure what is going on but I would delete history, cookies and such first and retry. Try a different browser. You may want to delete the network setting on your PC, power cycle it, and then reestablish the network.
Options
Re:Archer A7 default setup issues, proxy?
2020-03-19 19:36:42

@shaunotdead 

Look in your IPV4 settings for the network adapter properties to see if anything has been configured there.

Options
Re:Archer A7 default setup issues, proxy?-Solution
2020-03-20 13:49:36 - last edited 2020-03-20 16:58:32

Thanks for the tips, @Tony and @ArcherC8! I did try the cache/cookie clear, and my network adapter was all dynamic, not static configured. After disabling and enabling my network adapter a few times, I got a red exclamation point in device manager, so then i uninstalled my network driver, which may have done the trick. My mobo/network adapter had some software with it called "Killer Network Manager" (https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-network-manager-suite/) that I also uninstalled. Everything seems to be working for the last 12+ hours.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1026

Replies: 3