Deco M5 time zone is wrong, can't be fixed...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-21 03:29:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.14 Build 20191109 Rel. 66552

Hi,

My parental controls stopped working at the right time of day.  I realized that the M5 thought it was three or four hours later than it really was. 

I logged in, went to Advanced, then Time Settings.  The continent was set correctly as North America.  The region was set correctly to New York.  However, the current time shown on that page was incorrect.  It showed 3:30 AM vs. the correct 11:30 PM local time here in Florida.  

So, I attempted to choose other cites in the U.S. to correct the time.  However, when I chose Los Angeles as the region, the time still showed as 3:30 AM!

The NTP server settings or someting are totally jacked up!  This is surprising and very disappointing.  Maybe the COVID-19 virus is to blame.  But, TP Link, please fix this ASAP.  

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 time zone is wrong, can't be fixed...
2020-03-21 10:28:40

@MajorPanic I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I thought my teens were screwing around with the settings to bypass parental controls. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 time zone is wrong, can't be fixed...
2020-03-25 01:40:14

@MajorPanic See the thread at https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/199836. The issue appears to now be resolved. You can confirm by looking at the time settings in the web app. Browse to 192.168.68.1 > (login) > System > Time settings. TP-Link made a change which fixed it.

Options