How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-26 20:07:37
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 Build 20191014 Rel 42025

Hi,

I am trying to log into the How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco M9 Plus. I followed this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2641/ and talked with some tech support at TP-link. I factory reseted all my untes. Tried http://192.168.68.1:30000, and everything faild. I can access and setup though my iPhone. But, it bothers me that I can't login though my PC/Mac. Does anyone know what I might be missing? 

Thanks  

Options
11 Reply
Re:How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco?
2020-03-27 14:30:00

@r2d2000 

Go into the Deco app on your smart phone, go to More, and Update Deco. Make sure you checked and made sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Next, while on your computer connect to the Deco Wi-Fi network. What is the IP address that your computer got?

If the IP address does not start with 192.168.68.x then the Deco is in AP Mode, switch it to router mode.

If your IP is something like 192.168.68.100 then open your browser and in the address bar, just put the IP of the router which should be: 192.168.68.1

It might be the computer not being able to bring up the page. To test that, go back to your smart phone, connect to the Deco Wi-Fi and use the browser in the phone, just type the IP address of the Deco in the address bar.

Options
2020-03-27 17:18:44 - last edited 2020-03-27 17:20:14

@Tony Thanks for your response. But, I am sorry to say, you either don't know about yuor porduct Deco M9 Plus, or you are just trying to give me an answer that was given to me 10 times from your cusomter service. I did all those steps you suggested and wasted my time for no reason. You know what I found? You guys release Deco M9 Plus without proper testing and you don't want to admit that. It is a mess. Read this thread and you will know: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/179488 

The answer should be simple, Deco M9 Plus doesn't support web login at this moment with the latest firmware (period). Use the app, thanks god app still works. and hope and pray someday ther web interface might work, because TP-Link doesn't know when that might happen.

Tony wrote

@r2d2000 

Go into the Deco app on your smart phone, go to More, and Update Deco. Make sure you checked and made sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Next, while on your computer connect to the Deco Wi-Fi network. What is the IP address that your computer got?

If the IP address does not start with 192.168.68.x then the Deco is in AP Mode, switch it to router mode.

If your IP is something like 192.168.68.100 then open your browser and in the address bar, just put the IP of the router which should be: 192.168.68.1

It might be the computer not being able to bring up the page. To test that, go back to your smart phone, connect to the Deco Wi-Fi and use the browser in the phone, just type the IP address of the Deco in the address bar.

Options
2020-03-27 22:01:17

@r2d2000 Unbeleivable they would make that suggestion when the firmware isnt avialble yet.  I spent a bunch of time trying to figure the same thing out and ended up finding the thread you posted.  Ridiculous!

Options
2020-03-27 22:12:43

@r2d2000 

Thank you for bringing that up. It seems the latest firmware does not yet have that feature. Currently available on others, but not the M9. 

Expect it to look like this: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2641/

Mainly used to gather information about your Deco, not configuring anything and also the ability to manually upload firmware and grab logs.

Options
2020-03-28 02:02:19

@Tony When do they expect the firmware to release to the public?  The M9 plus is a newer model isnt it?  Why are the features so far behind the M5?

Options
2020-06-02 01:17:17

@r2d2000 Is it possible to log in to the P9 Web Interface? I have verified it's running in Router mode. I'd really like access to the web interface as configuring things from a phone is time consuming and non-efficient.

Options
2020-06-02 01:35:58

@helpercat This answer only apply to Deco M9 Plus, and the short answer is 'NO'. No web interface at this point if you updated your firmware to v 1.1.12 or it comes with this version. You can only use/setup thorough your phone APP.  

The most frustrating part of this that Tp-Link thinks that this is privilage not a feature that a product should have. I can't believe any router can release their hardware without web interface. Read this thread for details: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/179488

Kevin_Z

2019-12-16 18:41:55

Re:Deco M9 Plus v2 firmware not possible to update and are missing features compared to v1

Hi all, 

Sorry to respond late; I confirmed again that the Deco M9 plus V2 does not support web UI yet, that is why you failed  to access the web UI. While we are working on these new features now. Sorry for my mistake.

Options
2020-08-05 03:28:21
Options
2021-08-18 12:22:24

Well this very disappointing to read. Ive never experienced a router that cannot be administered via browser IP login. I also don't see any options to be able to backup my configuration settings.

Options
2021-08-18 13:01:33

@Shonky Thanks to the community I have updated to the latest firmware, I checked in the App & assumed it was up to date. Made me smile having to to the upgrade via a PC with the firmware upgrade utility (for Deco M9 Plus V2 only) devil

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 22755

Replies: 11