Archer 7 weak wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer 7 weak wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer 7 weak wifi
Archer 7 weak wifi
2020-03-26 21:54:37
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I upgraded to 1 Gig internet and my modem to support 1 Gig however my router is not sending out a strong wifi single. When hard-wired i'm getting 850-975 Mbps at modem and similar speed hard-wired out of router. I have wifi setup with 5.0 and/or 2.4 pending the device needs. My macbook air and iPhone 11 both connect to 5.0 but wifi 5.0 is ranging from 30-160 Mbps based off speedtest.net with less than 4 devices on. How can I check if the router is sending out the right info? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer 7 weak wifi
2020-03-27 11:23:34
Be sure you do not have an old device running at a slower WIFI such as 'G' which would affect other devices on the WIFI. See https://www.cnet.com/how-to/home-networking-explained-part-1-heres-the-url-for-you/ for more info. Also check the network settings on your PC. You may need to delete and re-add the WIFI connection on the PC.
Options
2020-03-27 14:46:09

@NotSmartTechGuy 

Also try changing the wireles settings (Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings > Click on 5GHz). Change channel width to 80 MHz, and channel to 48, select "Save". You can keep changing the settings to see if you get a improvement in speeds. Another setting you can look to disable is NAT Boost which is located in Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters.

Options
2020-03-28 17:08:44

@Tony I do not have a channel width option under 5GHz. also, i do not have a systems parameters - below is my model router

AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Model No. Archer C7
Options
2020-03-29 12:42:26
Routers may have different interfaces. The interface changed on my Archer C8 when there was an upgrade to the firmware. Not sure if that happened on your Archer C7. There should be a NAT Boost setting somewhere in the advance settings. Also check to see what "mode" you are using. That will be in the 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless settings. I would think you would want 11a/n/ac mixed. Generally on the same page as the SSID settings, channel, and width. On your MAC, hold the option button down and click on the wireless symbol in the upper right hand cornor left of the date. Then click on open wireless diagnostics. A pop up window will open. Do not click on continue. Instead go up to the left hand corner and click on window. A drop down will give you some options. Click on scan and you will see all of the WIFIs in the area and what channels they are using to help you select one to try.
Options
2020-03-30 14:54:14

@NotSmartTechGuy 

When you log into your router, look at either the status page in the Advanced Menu or look on the bottom of the screen. What is the hardware version and firmware build that you are using?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 5

Related Articles