Is there an option to disable NAT in TL-WR940N? Is it an option?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-01 01:59:41
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.18.1 Build 171030 Rel.43957n

My router is connected to the modem to get WiFi. I got blocked from my ISP because my modem reported that I using more users than allowed. The support stated that my router is reporting no. of users to the modem through NAT or bridging. Is there a way to disable it in the router? Otherwise, I will have to return the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there an option to disable NAT in TL-WR940N? Is it an option?
2020-04-01 19:00:02

@Menna 

The purpose of a router is to create a local network that then translates through a single source and out to the internet.  The router does not report the number of client devices to the ISP nor can the ISP see any of your clients,  NAT is how this whole process take place.  It tranlates data from your internal LAN (local area network) to the WAN (wide area network).  Their support mislead you.   To troubleshoot the issue properly we would need to know the make and model of your modem and your service type.  i.E. Fiber, cable, DSL, etc.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1105

Replies: 1