Cannot print from an iPad.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 03:51:25

I have my network set up.  I can print from my iMac to my brother printer.  Since the new router was installed, I can get on the internet with our iPads however, I cannot print- Have tried several Apps and sill cannot print to the Brother printer.  The printer icon on the iPads is greyed out!  I'm not new to computers but I don't understand all the lingo as I never did much with wifi.  I sort of need detailed instructions if anyone can help?  Thanks MUCH!!    IN the advanced mode, under WiFi, I have a number of devices listed but not the ipads.  I have read something about TCP/XXX,  is this my problem and if so what do I need to do??  One last item:  I had a different brand router before, and it was easy to set up printing from our iPads! 

Stay Safe!!!

Ronald

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot print from an iPad.
2020-04-02 15:21:30
Are you connected to the router via cable or WIFI? I use WIFI for my Cannon printers and can print from my iMac and iPads.
Options
Re:Cannot print from an iPad.
2020-04-02 20:08:43

@steinr98 

Here is a FAQ that shows how to solve issues not being able to print from your Apple device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343

With respect to the router, if you are not getting internet, bypass the router and connect your computer to the modem to verify a internet connection is coming through. If so, connect the router back, and reboot only the modem. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 2

Related Articles