Deco M5 not passing traffic to switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 23:56:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Yesterday April 1, around noon Pacific my Deco M5 system stopped passing traffic to the 8 port switch I had attached to the second port of my "Main" Deco unit.  See image for approximate map.

My workstation shows connection. but is not receiving a DHCP address from the Main Deco.  I can connect my workstation to the deco directly and it works fine and connect the other devices to the aux network ports on the secondary decos I can connect. See image:

I have since replaced the gigabit switch and get the same results.

Anyone have similar issues?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 not passing traffic to switch
2020-04-03 00:58:25

@cmlong89 

I was going to ask if you confrimed the switch was still working but since you replaced it and replicated the issue that is likely not going to be a factor.   We would first suggest checking if there  are any updates avaialble to the deco or deco app and installing them.  Next Try connecting the switch to one of the remote decos.  If that works swap that deco out and make it the main deco and the current main deco to become a satalite unit.  Start there and let us know how it goes. 

Options
2020-04-03 03:12:08 - last edited 2020-04-03 03:12:52

I have checked for updates, but they are on the latest version.  I have connected the switch to a different Deco and it still didn't work.  I will swap the main deco tomorrow and give it a shot.

Options
2020-09-28 15:18:48

@Carl 

Actually i facing the same problem also. My main deco i try connect to swicth ,my worksation cant detect my network even dhcp and i direct connect my workstation to deco also same.my 8 port gigabit swicth is from tplink also n brand new jus bought 1 days . What should i do?by the way mine 1 is deco m4r.

Carl wrote

@cmlong89 

I was going to ask if you confrimed the switch was still working but since you replaced it and replicated the issue that is likely not going to be a factor.   We would first suggest checking if there  are any updates avaialble to the deco or deco app and installing them.  Next Try connecting the switch to one of the remote decos.  If that works swap that deco out and make it the main deco and the current main deco to become a satalite unit.  Start there and let us know how it goes. 

Options
2020-09-28 16:08:45

@BILLY_Por 

what is the model of the switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 969

Replies: 4