need advice on pre-sales

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

need advice on pre-sales

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
need advice on pre-sales
need advice on pre-sales
2020-04-08 02:01:37
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm debating on whether to get this router but Jesus! these people from tp link have horrible customer service! Been trying to reach them with no success.

can anybody tell me if i should bother with this equipment or should i move on with another brand? If at first customer service is like this, i can't imagine after purchasing it and needing support.

Options
12 Reply
Re:need advice on pre-sales
2020-04-08 12:22:27
At this time with COVID-19, I would not judge any company's customer service. If you have specific questions about the router, post them and we will try to help you.
Options
2020-04-08 13:31:47 - last edited 2020-04-08 16:03:39

@ArcherC8

Archer thanks so much for writing and helping me 

Yes i understand that to a certain point.

I'm on the lookout to puchase a router but don't know yet what to do. I have a asus RT-N66U Wireless N gigabit router and im debating on whether i should get a new AX router. My ISP internet speed agreement is for 150 Megas but possibly within a month I'll be going up to 200 Megas. I recentrly bought a Archer T9Uh wireless adapter and usb 3.0 to gigabit  ethernet adapter for my old toshiba laptop. Normally in my house we do netflix streaming on tv while im on my laptop working remotely, 2 iphones and ipad also use the internet. My question is will i benefit myself stepping up from my actual router to an Archer AX50 router in terms of speed/signal/stability or should i wait a little more? 

Ive been looking into the Archer AX50 which is a really a nice router for a great price in the market but thinking if i should make the move due to the reviews of people having issues with this router. Can anybody tell me if this is still the case recently?

i need to make a decision on whether i pull the plug or not so that being said can anybody kindly share some light here so i can make a wise decision on money spending. thanks in advance to those who kindly share ther opinions

Options
2020-04-08 16:44:34
I have an Archer C8 and using Xfinity Blast 200 service. I have a Motorola MB8600 modem with is much faster than my service. I got the Archer C8 when Xfinity upped my service from 100 to 150 a few years ago. Then they upped it again to 200. Wired I get over 200. Close by I can get over 200 on the 5GHz. The WIFI 2.4 GHz is much slower as is my extender to cover a dead area in my house. Generally in the 60s at the far end of the house. I have 23 WIFI clients and 3 wired clients currently running and not all of the WIFI clients are connected currently. I have a USB hard drive attached to the router. I do port forwarding for a security DVR and nine other cameras. The DVR cameras are monitored 24/7 on a windows laptop. My Samsung TV is connected using their on-line TV content. I have Amazon sticks but do not use them much. I feel I still have quite a bit of room to expand. I still do not have a lot of AC devices nor the speed from the ISP to fully use what I have. The AX50 which is more robust than the C8 should give you a lot of future growth.
Options
2020-04-08 16:58:33 - last edited 2020-04-08 17:19:29

@ArcherC8 

Thanks for kindly share your experiences. What you mentioned last is what im thinking, if im going to spend money ona new router might as well spend thinking of possible future growth plus the AX50 is priced at 146.00 which is not bad. Let me ask you this:

1)the new intel 6GIG+ is the new processor on the AX50 or is the AX50 a 1.5 dual core processor?

2) Seeing my describe actual router and the devices i have, do you think i'll benefit in going from an N router (2.4Ghz 450Mbps + 5 Ghz 450Mbps) to the Archer AX50?im thinking everyone in my house wants to get a hold of the 150 megas and that needs to be done through the 5 Ghz band so that being said its only 450 Mpbs capable at the moment with actual router and there is 3 iphones, 1 ipad and 1 laptop connected.What do you think?

Options
2020-04-08 17:06:51
Sorry, I do not know the processor used in the AX50.
Options
2020-04-08 18:05:09

@eliwwjd 

Sorry to hear about your trouble getting a hold of support. The COVID-19 has affected our support, but I would recommend either reaching via the chat or email or even here on the forums:

Live Chat: link
E-mail: link

With respect to the AX50, there was an issue where galaxy 10 phones has issues connecting which has since been fixed with the latest firmware. I believe toward the end of this year or beginning of next you will start to see more ax capable adapters so going with the AX50 now make sense. We do have a AX card now, but the interface is PCI rather then USB.

I'll see if I can get any info about the processor. If I do find anything, I'll post here.

Options
2020-04-08 18:18:12

@Tony 

thanks guy! i went with the archer T9uh wireless adapter for now because my laptop has an old internal wifi card that only has 2.4 Ghz and i can't barely reach 50 megas so this T9UH adapter will serve me good until next year. Thanks for the info on the AX50, so basically i will benefit on all matters.

Options
2020-04-08 21:22:43 - last edited 2020-04-08 21:48:58

@Tony 

Did you find out what processor does the archer AX50 have? Also will N clients benefit from this router ax50 vs. my actual wireless N router?

Do you know if wpa3 security will be added to the archer AX50 through a firmware update in the future?

Options
2020-04-08 22:36:03

@eliwwjd 

I should have something tomorrow.

Options
2020-04-09 03:09:00 - last edited 2020-04-09 03:09:24

@ Tony

Also based on my specific case of devices, usage and network, what do you recommend, wait for archer ax60 or go with archer ax50?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 952

Replies: 12