Can I use the second USB port on the AC2300 for a second dedicated HD for time machine?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use the second USB port on the AC2300 for a second dedicated HD for time machine?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 16:25:58
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

I want to use two external hard drives as dedicated TimeMachine backups for two separate computers. I was sucessful in setting up one computer on the USB 3 port on a dedicated TimeMachine backup. I am now trying to set up the second computer on a second hard drive on the USB 2 port and stumped at the next step. The second hard drive is recognized (I & J drives). When I go to Advanced - USB sharing - Time Machine I see the first dedicated HD on the H drive. If I select the second hard drive (J drive) will that disrupt the first hard drive? It appears the router can not handle a second hard drive??

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 0

Related Articles